FIND YOUR NEXT HOME by...
Map SearchMap Search
Log in, to view your saved searches and add to your favorite listings.
... So You Can:
- View detailed property information
- Print detailed property flyers
- Save your searches & favorite homes
- Inquire about a private showing
- Map individual property locations
- Share your favorite homes with friends
Civil War Re-enactors in New Bern Thursday, May 6th - Sunday, May 9thPosted by Mary Beth Simmelink on Wednesday, April 21st, 2010 at 12:49pm.
Another special event for celebrating New Bern's 300th anniversay - REMEMBERING THE WAR YEARS - will take place May 6th-9th, so be sure to attend. There will be several hundred Civil War re-enactors in New Bern participating in a wide variety of events including:
- The United States Colored Troops National Symposium at the New Bern Riverfront Convention Center May 6-8;
- Two Naval Bombardments and infantry invasions at Union Point Park, Saturday May 8;
- Tours of the New Bern Civil War Battlefield;
- The Federal City Brass Band dressed as the NC 26th performing after each bombardment at Union Point Park;
- Re-enactor encampments at Union Point Park, the New Bern Riverfront Convention Center and the New Bern Civil War Battlefield Park with re-enactor drills;
- A self-guided walking tour of New Bern highlighting buildings of importance from the Civil War;
- A torpedo display and demonstrations at the Rains House property on East Front Street;
- Tours of the New Bern Academy, the Attmore-Oliver House, the James City Slave Quarters and Cemetery;
- Evening artillery demonstrations at Union Point Park on Friday, May 7;
- A Civil War surgical equipment display and demonstrations at Union Point Park;
- A parade ending at Union Point Park on Sunday, May 9;
- And a memorial service and wreath dedication honoring those who fought in the Battle of New Bern at Union Point Park, Sunday, May 9.
All events and activities are FREE to the public including the USCT National Symposium. Registration is required to attend the Symposium, but registration is FREE. For more information on the event and registering for the Symposium visit http://www.newbern300.com/RememberingTheWar.htm.
This event will be fun for everyone - so come visit us. And don't forget to check out all of the other exciting events taking place in New Bern this year to celebrate our 300th!
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!