Connect with Joseph
Graduate of the Realtor's Institute (GRI), Short Sale-Foreclosure Resource (SFR)
More about Joseph Abate
I am a full-time Realtor® - a consultant to Buyers and Sellers - with business philosophy founded in ethics and client satisfaction: Listen to the clients, define their needs, and strive to provide superior service. Always, with the goal of achieving a successful real estate transaction.
• Committed to making every transition a pleasurable and successful experience
• Solution driven, offering superior service and dedication in achieving satisfying and successful real estate goals for my clients.
Areas of Expertise
• Specializing in previously loved and newly-built residential homes, property for investment, and land.
• Experienced in the special needs of Military Families, Corporate Executives, and State-to-State Relocations
Communities I Serve
Serving the greater Tucson Metro areas, including:
o West Tucson, Northwest Tucson and Marana
o Oro Valley and Catalina
o Catalina Foothills and Northeast Tucson
o Vail, Sahuarita, and Green Valley
Education and Training
I received my license to sell real estate in 2009 and began my career in Real Estate as an Agent with Coldwell Banker in October that year. It was then that I made the commitment to attain the highest level of Real Estate education, and learn all I could about my new chosen career field: I invest as much of my spare time as possible learning Arizona Real Estate and Arizona Real Estate Law. Following State required courses I completed exhaustive Coldwell Baker corporate training classes.
By 2011, with the experience of many transactions, I held the designation as a Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource (SFR) and enrolled in 90+ hours of voluntary course work, to earn my designation as a Graduate of the Real Estate Institute (GRI). The course work and knowledge gained taking the classes for these designations is invaluable to my own expertise and for the welfare of my clients.
By April of 2014 I completed all requirements for my Arizona Broker's License.
- Graduate of the Real Estate Institute
- Graduate of Arizona Broker's Training Course, Hogan's School of Real Estate
- Bachelors of Arts University of Arizona/University of Phoenix; Business Management with emphasis on Engineering Technology
- USAF Certification in Military Traffic Management, Logistics and Planning
- Associates of Science, Aircraft Maintenance/Aviation Management; specialist in flight-controls, pneudraulics, landing gear, and aircraft structure
- Associates of Science, Automotive Maintenance with emphasis in Machine Tool Technology; specialist in Engine development, drive-trains, steering and suspension systems
• Affiliations include: National Association of Realtors®, Arizona Association of Realtors® and Tucson Association of Realtors®.
• Community involvement includes: Green Valley Tango Club, Veteran’s of Foreign Wars, Precision Aerobatic Model Pilot’s Association
A California native born and raised in the central California city of Fresno, transplanted to Tucson via the United States Air Force. An Air Force Carreer took my family and me to many different locations between 1977 and 1999. Together, we have lived in Cambridgeshire, England, United Kingdom; Southern California; Las Vegas, Nevada; the Hill Country of Austin, Texas; and finally, our last Air Force Duty Assignment, Tucson, Arizona.
My Military backgound is primarily Aircraft Maintenance. In 1984, I was hand selected to be one of the first 500 maintenance people assigned to the F-117A Stealth Fighter program, and I subsequently helped accomplish several "interesting" assignments. I retired from Active Duty with the rank of Master Sergeant and many years experience as Production Superintendent for Aircraft Maintenance and Logistical Affairs; War Readiness Planning and Execution; and Maintenance Supervision. I am a Veteran of the First Gulf War and the Haiti and Bosnian Campaigns.
After Military service, settling into the Tucson Community was a matter of choice. My wife and I have owned two homes here and put our son (and myself) through college while living here. Living, working, and enjoying the Tucson area since 1992 my wife and I have a very good knowledge of the Community. Susan, my wife, is not only my life mate but my team partner: Together we make a great Realtor Team because we not only know the area, but understand real estate needs for both civilian and military families: We know the dynamics of frequent moves and the importance of establishing roots.
- 61 years young
- Married, 40-years
- Father and Grandfather
- Retired US Air Force, with 22-years service: Veteran of Gulf War I, Haiti Invasion, Bosnian Campaign, and several deployments to SW Asia after Gulf War I
- World traveler
- Cancer Survivor
- Hobbies and interests
- Argentine Tango and Ballroom Dancing
- Formula-1 and GT-Classes of Automotive Road Racing
- Precision Aerobatic Control Line Model Aviation
- Aviation History (check out Pima Air Musem when you come to Tucson)