Residential, Investment, and High Performance Brokerage in southern Maine waterfront communities, specializing in energy efficient, high value, and income producing property.
Connect with Julia Bassett
Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), Certified New Homes Specialist (CNHS), Certified Residential Specialist (CRS), e-PRO Internet Professional (e-PRO), Green Designation (Green), Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Real Estate Specialist (LBGTRES), Luxury Property Specialist (Luxury Specialist), Resort & Second-Home Property Specialist Certification (Res. & 2nd Home Spec)
Languages other than English
More about Julia Bassett Schwerin
To assist clients to optimize their real estate transaction decisions for the best financial, environmental, and practical terms with integrity, kindness, and good humor. Note my phone number changed since this video was produced and is not my home office now. My office now is in Cape Elizabeth, and that number is 207.799.5000 but it's quicker to call 207.730.0276.
Residential Property Broker: 16 years of successful professional brokerage experience in southern Maine, including land, single family, condos and multi-family property, with hundreds of transactions completed.
Commercial Property Broker: providing rigorous investment property research and analysis and income producing property sales experience in the seven figures.
Green Buildings Instructor: teaching accredited classes to other Real Estate Agents to train them in effectively representing smart, sustainable and green properties.
High Performance Property Specialist: experienced at finding and/or representing green, smart, high value or high income producing property.
Waterfront Communities Specialist: hands-on perspective with 20 different waterfront communities, sales, pricing, demographics, shoreline characteristics and amenities.
Uniquely Valuable Property Specialist: International Luxury property specialist with seven figure sales success.
Green Buildings Specialist: Renewable Energy/Energy Efficiency/Sustainable Materials for effective representation of green property sellers and buyers looking for green buildings, represented one of the first net-zero communities in Maine.
Awards And Designations
Outstanding Achievement Award, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, 2018
Falcon Award, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, 2018
Champion Award, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, April, 2019
Areas of Expertise
Providing clients with in-depth and insightful market analysis, property valuation, and real estate investment advice for smart decision making.
Special expertise representing buyers and sellers of high performance properties, including high value homes and estates; smart and green buildings; second homes and income producing vacation property.
Offering 14 years of professional brokerage experience throughout southern Maine, with successful transactions from Yarmouth to Kittery and the lakes region and a comparable perspective on the variety of waterfront properties and communities. Centrally located in Cape Elizabeth, Maine with offices on Ocean Street.
Director, Greater Portland Board of Realtors Board of Directors
- Advisor, Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships HELIX Program
- Secretary, Sustainability Advisory Group, Greater Portland Board of Realtors
Instructor, Green Home Climate, a 3 credit hour course for real estate licensees, The Real Estate Learning Group
- Member, Maine Energy Code Coalition
- Past Secretary, Cape Elizabeth Library Foundation Board of Directors
- Past Maine Indoor Air Quality Council Board of Directors
- Past Chairman, Cape Elizabeth Alternative Energy Committee
- Past Volunteer Gallery Manager, Cape Elizabeth Art Gallery
- Past Volunteer Coordinator, USM Youth Music Ensembles
- Past Board of Trustees, Thomas Memorial Library, Cape Elizabeth, ME
- Past Instructor, Alpine skiing, Dartmouth Skiway
- Supports Habitat for Humanity, Operation Keep Maine Warm, Coldwell Banker Cares, Youth Alternatives, and several food pantries.
Communities I Serve
I believe I am unique in that I have experience selling real estate throughout southern Maine. I have closed multiple transactions in the following:
Old Orchard Beach
the Lakes Region
I can compare and contrast the shorelines, property value trends, demographics, business climate, housing stock, etc. in each of these towns, probably because I have worked with so many people from out of state looking to buy primary, second home or income property help them figure out where they want to be.
Offering Residential, Commercial, and High Performance Brokerage in southern Maine waterfront communities, specializing in green, uniquely valuable, and income producing property.
- Broker and REALTOR®, Coldwell Banker Realty, 2006 to present
- Green Broker, National Association of Realtors, 2011 to present
- Commercial Broker, Coldwell Banker Commercial, 2016 to present
- International Luxury Property Designation, Coldwell Banker Homes, 2016 to present
- Editor and Publisher, Maine Market Monitor and Maine Green Broker Blog, 2008 to present
- Consultant, Bassett and Associates, market research in renewable energy, 2008 to present
- President, InfoTech Inc., media technology market research and forecasting, 1984 to 2004
- Information Delivery Systems, electronic publishing marketing, 1982-84
- IIT Research Institute, high tech business and renewable energy assessment, 1980-82
- BA with Academic Honors in Fine Arts, Music Performance major,
- Theory and Composition Minor, in 1974 from NIU;
- also attended Indiana and Northwestern Universities;
- completed Executive MBA coursework at IIT, 1981-1982.