Recently Viewed Properties

Q: Are International moves regulated like interstate and local moves?

A: No, international moves are not regulated, and are priced on a purely competitive basis.

Q: What is the difference between an interstate and an intrastate move?

A: An interstate move is a shipment moving between two states. Interstate moves are priced according to a tariff, total weight of all items to be shipped, and distance from the point of origin to your new home. Interstate moves are federally regulated under specific tariffs (published schedules of rules, rates, and charges for the transportation of goods). The tariff provides the schedule of rates and charges from which the van lines compute the total cost of the move. An intrastate move is a shipment moving within the borders of one state. Intrastate moves are state regulated and are generally priced according to an hourly rate filed with the state's regulatory body. The cost of an intrastate move will be determined by time and manpower required to accomplish the move. Discounting the hourly rate for an intrastate move is usually not allowed.

Q: What discounts will I receive for using Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage Moving Services?

A: Competitive discounts are available only on interstate moves. Local or intrastate moves are highly regulated by the state governing bodies; therefore, the same high level of discounts do not apply.

Q: Are my possessions insured if I pack myself?

A: No, the carrier will not insure the possessions you pack yourself. If you feel you must pack some items yourself, stick to unbreakable items such as linens, pillows, bedding, etc. Make sure to have the movers pack all items that you would like to protect from breakage.

Q: How much will my move cost?

A: A physical survey of your household goods will need to be completed by the mover in order to give you an accurate estimate of the cost associated with your move. Intrastate moves are based on an hourly rate filed with the state's regulatory body, and will be determined based on time and personnel, while interstate moves are based on a filed tariff with a federal governing body and are based on weight and distance.

Q: What do I do if I discover damaged items after the move is complete?

A: You will need to notify your carrier immediately to file a claim. You have up to nine months after the date of delivery to file a claim. It is up to the carrier to decide whether to repair or replace the item. Repairs will have to meet the satisfaction of both the carrier and the customer.

Q: How can we help our children become more involved in the move?

A: As moving day approaches, let the children help with the actual preparations. According to their ages and abilities, they can: assist with the sorting of what to take and what to discard; pack favorite non-breakable items from their bedrooms and other rooms; put aside special things, such as favorite toys, that should be packed and loaded on the van last/unloaded first; check the house before the moving van leaves to see that nothing has been overlooked.

Q: What do I do if my closing is delayed and I cannot accept delivery of my household goods?

A: For an additional cost, your carrier will be able to provide you with clean and safe storage of your possessions until you are ready to accept delivery.

Q: How do I transport my pets if I cannot personally take them to the new location?

A: Pets cannot be moved in a moving van, train, or bus (except guide dogs and animal assistants accompanying blind, disabled, or deaf persons). Methods of pet transportation are limited to two: your personal motor vehicle and by air. If you move your pet by air, your pet can accompany you or travel as airfreight, if in the appropriate container. Contact a Move Coordinator if you need assistance with your pet's relocation.

Q: Will the movers disconnect and reconnect my appliances?

A: No, you will need to make arrangements for a service technician to disconnect appliances, especially any hook up to gas (such as ranges and dryers), and to disconnect your water line to the icemaker connected to your refrigerator.

Please contact us for more information about how we can assist you with your relocation.

Your Contact Information