Cal BRE#: 00472572
Connect with Joan
International Sterling Society
More about Joan Brunswick
Real estate is by far the most important purchase or sale most people will make in their lives. Clients, who are buying a property to live in, are buying more than just a building; they are buying a home. I cannot help but put myself in their shoes and think back to when I bought my home in which to raise my son and daughter. Homes become a place of warmth, memories, and family history. I am pleased to be the facilitator in the buying and/or selling process.
How I Work
It is my job as a real estate professional and my fervent desire and goal to make this purchase or sale as smooth as possible. I do this by keeping my clients informed through each step of the purchase or sale. I explain everything. I take the mystery out of the process and empower my clients with knowledge and an understanding of what is expected. With my many years of experience I have amassed an extensive referral system of lenders, inspectors, and other professionals to call upon as needed.
- BA German Literature, University of Pittsburgh, PA.
- MA German Literature, University of California, Berkeley.
- MLS Library and Information Science, University of California, Berkeley.
- Real Estate Sales License, 1974.
- Real Estate Brokers License 1979.
- Director, Berkeley Association of Realtors, 1994-95.
- Director, Berkeley Multiple Listing Service, 1996-99.
- Commissioner, City of Berkeley Housing Advising Commission, 1997-98.
- President-Elect, Berkeley Association of Realtors, 2002.
- President, Berkeley Association of Realtors, 2003.
- Director, California Association of Realtors, 2002-2003.
- Delegate, National Association of Realtors, 2002-2003.
- Instructor in Real Estate, Laney College, 2006-present
- "Your knowledge and expertise in real estate, and genuine interest in helping us make a good decision, have rendered the purchase of our home a remarkably pleasant experience." I.G., Albany, CA
- "Since selling a house is not something I do every year, I was relieved to put my trust in such capable hands. I know you work extremely hard for all your clients and I feel privileged to be one of them." Y.H., El Cerrito, CA
- "I feel that I could not have sold the house without you even though another agent brought in the buyer. We both went through a prolonged and difficult sale and I felt you kept me informed every step of the way. Now that I have my proceeds, I can honestly say that the experience was a pleasant one." Y.H. El Sobrante, CA
- "We wish to thank you for your assistance with the purchase of our new home. Your professional and personable manner made us feel secure in the search for our house. We felt you had an excellent understanding of our priorities and that you were effective in representing our interests and concerns....Your promptness assured us of a good head start in a field where timing is of great consequence." S.K. Albany, CA