Connect with Marilyn
International Diamond Society
Certified Negotiation Specialist (CNSA), Certified Residential Specialist (CRS), Luxury Property Specialist (Luxury Specialist), NAR certification for online professionalism (e-PRO)
More about Marilyn Lawhead
Marilyn Lawhead's Real Estate Background
*Recipient of the Bonnie Adams award
* Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)
* International President's Circle 1990 - 1997, 2002, 2003, 2007-2017
* International President's Elite, 1998, 1999, 2001
* President's Club member, 2004
* Executive Sales Director
* E-Pro Graduate
* Senior Residential Associate
* Certified Relocation Specialist
* Certified Previews Property Specialist
* Circle of Honor for Sales and Listings in San Diego County
* Customer Service Award Recipient for San Diego County - 1989 and 1991
* Active in San Diego County residential real estate sales on a full-time basis since
* Member of Women's Council of Realtors
* Member of President's Planning Council for San Diego County since 1991
Because Every Move Matters
Actively involved in residential sales in San Diego County on a full-time basis since 1987. Consistently ranked in the top 5% of all agents for Coldwell Banker worldwide.
My Business Philosophy:
It is my belief that by practicing The Golden Rule, I will receive from others in direct proportion to the service and loyalty that I give them first. This belief is applicable in all my daily transactions with customers, clients and fellow human beings.
I believe that success is the product of extraordinary service characterized by genuine caring, tremendous enthusiasm, outstanding professionalism and unquestionable integrity.
I am confident that this philosophy will produce results that will allow me to rightfully deserve the honor of being simply ... THE BEST NAME IN THE BUSINESS!
I was born and raised in Houston, Texas and lived there until 1982 when I married Creighton and we moved to Dix Hills, NY for one year. When Creighton decided to accept a position with a local biotechnology company, we happily settled in La Costa, CA in May, 1983. I am happily married to Creighton who was a consultant to the biotechnology industry and my business partner in real estate since 2010. We have two grown children, Chris and Heather. Chris and Courtney have four children, Keegan, Sydney, Evan and Spencer which made me a very young grandmother. They live in Fishers, Indiana, a suburb of Indianapolis. Heather married Farru in November, 2005 and they live in Oceanside, CA. They have two children, Olivia and Owen. I am actively involved in the Solana Beach Presbyterian Church, where I am a Barnabas minister, Stephen Minister and past Co-Moderator of the Deacons. I am an avid golfer, reader, gourmet cook and love to walk and travel. I have written my own cookbook.
Why Should You Work With Marilyn?
* I KNOW THE BUSINESS ... I am actively working full-time to know the market. I can advise you as to the best ways to enhance your home to get top sales dollar and attract more buyers.
* I KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FOR BUYERS ... I generate prospects through my extensive marketing efforts which include my web site, www.thelawheadteam.com, advertising, direct mail and networking.
* I KNOW HOW TO NEGOTIATE ... I consider myself to be a great negotiator and my sales history speaks for itself.
* I STAY ON TOP OF THE CHANGES IN THE MARKETPLACE ... I preview homes, check interest rate changes, get feedback on showings, and talk with other agents daily so I am always well-informed about what's going on in the marketplace.
Source of Marilyn's Business:
Many of my clients have been repeat customers and many of them often refer their friends and family to me. I am a Certified Residential Specialist which is awarded only to the top 5% of agents in the world. I receive many sincere client referrals from this source. I am known for my cheerful disposition and always promise my clients that working with me will be a fun and rewarding experience. I love to work with first time buyers, repeat clients, smart investors and one of my greatest joys is matching the client to that perfect home. I pride myself on my constant communication via phone calls, letters and e-mails so my clients are always kept informed about the whole buying or selling process. I love what I do and I try to make it show all the time!