Cal DRE#: 01064343
Connect with Kate
International Diamond Society
Certified Residential Specialist (CRS), Graduate REALTOR Institute (GRI), Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
More about Kate Phillips
Thank you for visiting me online.
I approach my real estate practice with a natural desire and commitment to be a zealous advocate for my clients and truly represent them. I focus on protecting their best interests, as I guide and educate them through the complex process of selling or buying a home. I take care of my clients as I would take care of my family and friends. I think of myself as an advocate for them. My joy and goal is to provide superior service for my clients to accomplish their real estate goals. I take the time to carefully listen to their objectives, needs and time frame and through strategic planning and teamwork, I design a custom designed plan to accomplish their goals.
I offer a level of knowledge, experience and insight that provides my clients with the competitive advantage they need to maximize their profits. With more than two decades of experience as a seasoned real estate professional and hundreds of successful real estate transactions, I look forward to each new client and each new home. I appreciate that every client and transaction is unique.
I have an in-depth knowledge of the local market and neighborhoods. My clients appreciate the personal service I provide and my attention to detail. I truly enjoy my chosen career and hope to be the resource you turn to for all of your real estate needs.
Why Hire Kate Phillips?
1. Skillful, intuitive, analytical and creative negotiator
2. Marketing specialist with a background in art and a creative eye for visualaesthetics
3. Absolute integrity, honesty, and a relationship built on trust
4. Very enthusiastic and high energy
5. A go getter with a do whatever it takes and do it now attitude
6. A compassionate, caring, patient and tireless Advocate
7. Great sense of humor and brings fun to the process
8. Expert knowledge on preparing properties for sale
9. Focused on the results, is tenacious, persistent and dedicated
10. Constantly planning ahead in anticipating what’s needed next
11. Places her clients’ interests first and foremost always
Education and Training
- Realtor, Coldwell Banker, Oakland. Helps clients buy and sell residential real estate primarily in Oakland, Berkeley and surrounding communities.
- Realtor, Wells & Bennett Realtors, Oakland
- Realtor, ERA Real Estate, Alameda
- Owner, Kate Phillips Jewelry. Design, manufacture and distribution of fashion jewelery to department stores and retail specialty shops
- Sales Management and Jewelry Buyer, Laura-Kiran Retail Stores. Sales, customer service, management and buyer.
- License, Bureau of Real Estate, California, 1990
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS), a national designation- less than 4% of all Realtors possess
- Graduate Realtors Institute (GRI), a national designation - less than 10% of all Realtors possess
- Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES), a national designation - less than 1% of all Realtors possess
- Oakland Association of Realtors
- California Association of Realtors
- National Association of Realtors
- Women’s Council of Realtors
- Mills College Alumnae Association
- Residential Sales Council
- East Bay Women's Network
- Bachelor of Arts, Mills College, Oakland, 1981
Kate has lived in:
Oakland, Berkeley, Piedmont, Philadelphia, Ardmore, Tivoli, Cambridge, Paris
Real estate sales; retail sales, management and buying; jewelry design, manufacture and sales; piano teacher; musician and performer; music concert producer; photographer, artist
Europe, Mexico, India, Morocco, Turkey, Canada, British and American & British Virgin Islands, Hawaii, throughout the USA
Little Known Facts:
Lived in Paris for 2 years where she attended elementary school and 1st grade, spoke French fluently as a child; during 9/11 was on a 3 week sailing trip in Turkey; loves doing an annual group vitality fasting retreat; played Mandolin with Pete Seeger on the Clearwater Sloop on the Hudson River
Music, photography, art, swimming, “Eating For Health” & Bauman College, organic food and garden-ing, farmers markets, sailing, movies, French, nature, the ocean, ethnographic jewelry and textiles, eclectic fashion and style in clothing, architecture and interior design
Personal growth, family and friendships, adventure, travel, holistic nutrition
Would like to:
Live in France for 3 months to study French and become fluent again; study nutrition and holistic culinary arts at Bauman College, sail around the Greek Islands, write a screen play about her trip to Morocco, have an apartment in Paris, become proficient at photography and Photoshop
Communities I Serve
Kate works throughout Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, Albany, El Cerrito, Emeryville, San Leandro and surrounding communities, representing wonderful people selling and buying homes.