Connect with Linda
International Sterling Society Team
Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager (CRB), Certified Residential Specialist (CRS), Graduate Realtor Institute (GRI), Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
More about Linda McCaffrey
I believe that I bring value to a client relationship because:
- I have 26 years of FULL TIME Real Estate Experience!!
- I have closed over 900 total successful transaction
- I have the highest level of training (See Designations)
- I am a student of real estate, a statistician studying trends and pricing.
- My expansive resources become part of the overall TEAM required in any transaction. My involvement in the business and real estate communities mean that I have people to help at every stage of the transaction...from tax account, credit counsellor, attorneys, structural engineers, environmental experts, attorneys, loan officers, trade people and many more.
- My resources allow my clients ease of transition to their new home/community...school administrators, doctors,trades people.. recreation.... and many more.
- I am known for my high level of negotiating skills. I tell people it is from having 3 children in 16 months and having to deal with them as teen agers. I believe in situational rather than positonal negotiating where all parties get what they really want. This is due to the questions I ask of all parties prior to entering in to negotiations. I believe any negotiating needs to be win-win. I am told that I can get anyone to do anything I ask and make them feel it was their idea.
- My approach is as a consultative partner with my clients. I educate, give options, provide data and opinions so that my clients feel that they make the best and most informed choices.
Communities I Serve
I serve all of Connecticut but target all of the 5 towns that touch Candlewood Lake (Brookfield, Danbury, New Fairfield, Sherman, New Milford) and the six towns that touch them (Newtown, Bethel, Southbury, Redding, Ridgefield, Bridgewater).
Areas of Expertise
I work with buyers and sellers in the Northern Fairfield and Lower Litchfield Counties of Connecticut. I especially enjoy working with:
- Empty Nesters
- Families with School Age Children
- First Time Buyers
- Relocation Buyers and Sellers
- Move Up Buyers
- Sellers in Financial Distress
- Senior Sellers
- Divorced Buyers and Sellers
- Probate Sales
I believe that a Realtor becomes a resource to their community. We are on front line of trends and meet many people in our position. I volunteer a minimum of 15 hours weekly to different organizations.
- 4-H leader 1078-1998 (Horse Project). Winner of State of CT Youth Leadership Award. State Horse Judging Coach
- Newcomers and Neighbors- Past President and Membership Chairperson
- Brookfield High School Boosters Club 1992-1996
- Brookfield Center School PTO President 1983
- Brookfield Education Foundation- Founding Member and BOD from 2003-2006
Current Community Involvement
- Brookfield Chamber of Commerce- Founder 2003; President 2003-2006; Membership Chair 2007-2011: Newsletter Editor 2010-2013 , Events Chariperson 2014
- Lions Club Member 2010-present; Mentor to the Brookfield High School Leos Club
- Womens Council of Realtors- President 2001-2003; Publicity Chair 2011-present, Affiliate Member/ Sponsorship Chair 2012-present
- Women's League of Women Voters
- BNI (Business Networkers International); Chapter Founder 2003; President 2003-2005; Currently New Member Mentor
- Horse Trainer/ Riding Instructor 1972-1981
- Kindergarten Teacher 1981-1986
- Top area Realtor since 1986
- Owned McCaffrey Realty Professionals 2003-2011- Merged with Coldwell Banker in 2011
- Married with 3 children, 4 grandchildren and 3 grand dogs
- Enjoy Community Activism, Ballroom Dancing, Bridge, Gardening, Reading, Travel, and most of all Networking
- Summer house at Webster Lake in Franklin New Hampshire
- Compulsively detail oriented and a relentless networker/ contector.
- Resident of Brookfield since 1981
- Husband- Kevin (married43 years!!!)- Realtor- MBA Babson College
- Daughter- Kelley- 1976- Wake Forest University (Division 1 Volleyball Player)- MBA Vanderbilt University- Coached at Davidson University and Clemson University. Married with 2 daughters- Currently living in Franklin Tennessee and working at Healthways offering corporate health options to lower insurance costs.
- Daughter- Devon- 1978- Elon University- MBA NC State- Corporate Golf Operations Pinehurst Golf Resort- Ccurrently Resort Manager for Sun River in Bend Oregon. Married
- Son- Ryan- 1978 (Devons twin)- University of Richmond- Notre Dame Law- Attorney for Sullivan and Cromwell in NYC.
Awards And Designations
With over 1 Million Realtors nationally, I have the level of designations shared by only 9000 (or less than 1%) of licensees.
2006 Northern Fairfield County Realtor of the Year.
ABR- Accredited Buyer Representative
GRI- Graduate of the Real Estate Institute
CRS- Certified Residential Specialist
CRB- Certified Residential Broker
SRS- Seller Representative Specialist
SRES- Senior Real Estate Specialist.
5 Star Agent State of CT- Connecticut Magazine 2014
Top 3% of Coldwell Banker Agents Nationally 2013
#1 Agent- Coldwell Banker Danbury- 2012