Connect with Linda
Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager (CRB), Certified Residential Specialist (CRS), Graduate Realtor Institute (GRI), Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
More about Linda McCaffrey
I believe that I bring value to a client relationship because:
- I have 26 years of FULL TIME Real Estate Experience!!
- I have closed over 900 total successful transaction
- I have the highest level of training (See Designations)
- I am a student of real estate, a statistician studying trends and pricing.
- My expansive resources become part of the overall TEAM required in any transaction. My involvement in the business and real estate communities mean that I have people to help at every stage of the transaction...from tax account, credit counsellor, attorneys, structural engineers, environmental experts, attorneys, loan officers, trade people and many more.
- My resources allow my clients ease of transition to their new home/community...school administrators, doctors,trades people.. recreation.... and many more.
- I am known for my high level of negotiating skills. I tell people it is from having 3 children in 16 months and having to deal with them as teen agers. I believe in situational rather than positonal negotiating where all parties get what they really want. This is due to the questions I ask of all parties prior to entering in to negotiations. I believe any negotiating needs to be win-win. I am told that I can get anyone to do anything I ask and make them feel it was their idea.
- My approach is as a consultative partner with my clients. I educate, give options, provide data and opinions so that my clients feel that they make the best and most informed choices.
Areas of Expertise
I work with buyers and sellers in the Northern Fairfield and Lower Litchfield Counties of Connecticut. I especially enjoy working with:
- Empty Nesters
- Families with School Age Children
- First Time Buyers
- Relocation Buyers and Sellers
- Move Up Buyers
- Sellers in Financial Distress
- Senior Sellers
- Divorced Buyers and Sellers
- Probate Sales
Communities I Serve
I serve all of Connecticut but target all of the 5 towns that touch Candlewood Lake (Brookfield, Danbury, New Fairfield, Sherman, New Milford) and the six towns that touch them (Newtown, Bethel, Southbury, Redding, Ridgefield, Bridgewater).
- Horse Trainer/ Riding Instructor 1972-1981
- Kindergarten Teacher 1981-1986
- Top area Realtor since 1986
- Owned McCaffrey Realty Professionals 2003-2011- Merged with Coldwell Banker in 2011
- Married with 3 children, 4 grandchildren and 3 grand dogs
- Enjoy Community Activism, Ballroom Dancing, Bridge, Gardening, Reading, Travel, and most of all Networking
- Summer house at Webster Lake in Franklin New Hampshire
- Compulsively detail oriented and a relentless networker/ contector.
- Resident of Brookfield since 1981
- Husband- Kevin (married 43 years!!!)- Realtor- MBA Babson College
- Daughter- Kelley- 1976- Wake Forest University (Division 1 Volleyball Player)- MBA Vanderbilt University- Coached at Davidson University and Clemson University. Married with 2 daughters- Currently living in Franklin Tennessee and working at Healthways offering corporate health options to lower insurance costs.
- Daughter- Devon- 1978- Elon University- MBA NC State- Corporate Golf Operations Pinehurst Golf Resort- Ccurrently Resort Manager for Sun River in Bend Oregon. Married
- Son- Ryan- 1978 (Devons twin)- University of Richmond- Notre Dame Law- Attorney for Sullivan and Cromwell in NYC.
I believe that a Realtor becomes a resource to their community. We are on front line of trends and meet many people in our position. I volunteer a minimum of 15 hours weekly to different organizations.
- 4-H leader 1078-1998 (Horse Project). Winner of State of CT Youth Leadership Award. State Horse Judging Coach
- Newcomers and Neighbors- Past President and Membership Chairperson
- Brookfield High School Boosters Club 1992-1996
- Brookfield Center School PTO President 1983
- Brookfield Education Foundation- Founding Member and BOD from 2003-2006
Current Community Involvement
- Brookfield Chamber of Commerce- Founder 2003; President 2003-2006; Membership Chair 2007-2011: Newsletter Editor 2010-2013 , Events Chariperson 2014
- Lions Club Member 2010-present; Mentor to the Brookfield High School Leos Club
- Womens Council of Realtors- President 2001-2003; Publicity Chair 2011-present, Affiliate Member/ Sponsorship Chair 2012-present
- Women's League of Women Voters
- BNI (Business Networkers International); Chapter Founder 2003; President 2003-2005; Currently New Member Mentor
Awards And Designations
With over 1 Million Realtors nationally, I have the level of designations shared by only 9000 (or less than 1%) of licensees.
- 2006 Northern Fairfield County Realtor of the Year.
- ABR- Accredited Buyer Representative
- GRI- Graduate of the Real Estate Institute
- CRS- Certified Residential Specialist
- CRB- Certified Residential Broker
- SRS- Seller Representative Specialist
- SRES- Senior Real Estate Specialist.
- 5 Star Agent State of CT- Connecticut Magazine 2014
- Top 3% of Coldwell Banker Agents Nationally 2013
- #1 Agent- Coldwell Banker Danbury- 2012