Connect with Damon
At Home with Diversity Certification (At Home w/Diversity), Luxury Property Specialist (LPS), Military Relocation Professional (MRP)
More about Damon Downing
Consistently recognized as one of Coldwell Banker's Top Producing Agents in Washington DC, Damon Downing, enjoys a distinguished reputation in the real estate brokerage community. Whether interacting with family and friends or clients closing real estate deals in all quadrants of Washington DC, Damon approaches his work and life with his unique blend of intelligence, passion, and humor.
With equal parts a seasoned professional, experienced negotiator and effective communicator, Damon has sold modest to luxury properties with first time, experienced and investor clients in all parts of Washington, DC. From the President’s Circle to the International Sterling Society Damon's achieved numerous sales awards on a consistent basis for the past consecutive 15 years with the Georgetown and DuPont Logan Offices of Coldwell Banker Realty.
Damon's interest and passion for real estate came as a result of his involvement in non-profit community development. His 27 years of career experience as an industrial Energy Consultant where he negotiated government contracts as high as $64,000,000 enables him to effectively support your real estate transaction. Damon's favorite books are Capitol Losses and Best Addresses, both written by James Goode which document the architectural history of turn of the century Washington, DC and architecturally significant apartment residences from the turn of the century.
Damon's clientele is primarily by referral both locally and internationally. Damon also maintains business relationships with his industry peers which is crucial in Washington DC's highly competitive real estate market and with Coldwell Banker agents though the global GEN BLUE network where he is able to assist with identifying high quality real estate agents in up to 44 countries worldwide.
Over the past twenty eight years, as a resident of the District of Columbia, Damon has had extensive experience in community / economic development and non-profit organizations that have included:
- The Medical Care for Children Project (Office of Partnerships Fairfax County) - Advisory Board
- DC Habitat for Humanity - Past Vice President
- DC Children's Trust Fund - Past Vice Chair
- Healthy Babies Project - Past Board member (14 years)
- Development Corporation of Columbia Heights - Past Board member (8 years)
- Reach for Tomorrow (DC Public Schools)
- Concerned Black Men, Inc. - Past Secretary (DC Chapter 5 years)
- Historical Society of Washington, DC - Past Board of Trustees (3 years) Vice Chair (1 year)
- Rita Bright Family Youth Center (LAYC -1 year)
- The Diversity and Inclusion Council for Coldwell Banker-Dupont Logan Office Representative