Connect with Damon
International Diamond Society Team
More about Damon Downing
Recognized as one of Washington DC’s successful Realtors®, Damon Downing, enjoys a distinguished reputation as a member of the Pair, Parker and Downing Group in the real estate brokerage community. Whether interacting with family and friends or clients closing real estate deals in all quadrants of Washington, DC, Damon approaches his work and life with his unique blend of intelligence, passion, and humor.
With equal parts a seasoned professional, experienced negotiator and effective communicator, Damon has sold modest to luxury properties with first time, experienced and investor clients in all parts of Washington, DC. As a 14 year member of the Pair Parker and Downing Group, Damon's achieved numerous sales awards on a consistent basis for the past consecutive 14 years.
Damon's interest and passion for real estate came as a result of his involvement in non-profit community development . Damon's favorite books are Capitol Losses and Best Addresses, both written by James Goode which document the architectural history of turn of the century Washington, DC and architecturally significant apartment residences from the turn of the century.
Over the past twenty seven years, as a resident of the District of Columbia, Damon has extensive experience in community / economic development and non-profit organizations that have included:
- The Medical Care for Children Project (Office of Partnerships Fairfax County) - Advisory Board
- DC Habitat for Humanity - Past Vice President
- DC Children's Trust Fund - Past Vice Chair
- Healthy Babies Project - Past Board member (14 years)
- Development Corporation of Columbia Heights - Past Board member (8 years)
- Reach for Tomorrow (DC Public Schools)
- Concerned Black Men, Inc. - Past Secretary (DC Chapter 5 years)
- Historical Society of Washington, DC - Past Board of Trustees (3 years) Vice Chair (1 year)
- Rita Bright Family Youth Center (LAYC -1 year)