Connect with Alec
International Diamond Society Team
Luxury Property Specialist (Luxury Specialist)
More about Alec Schwartz
Alec Schwartz, the Broker/Owner of the Alec Schwartz Team, is committed to representing buyers and sellers with their real estate needs in Philadelphia and the surrounding Pennsylvania suburbs. Deep knowledge of Center City and surrounding neighborhoods in Philadelphia, combined with specific expertiese in key municipalities in Delaware, Montgomery and Chester counties allows us to assist buyers and sellers with making the transition between urban and suburban environments.
Education and Training
Alec Schwartz majored in Communications at the University of Pennsylvania and completed his Pennsylvania Real Estate Salesperson licensing courses through Temple University in 1997. In 2007, Alec completed the required Broker's classes at the Real Estate School and has been a licensed Broker since November 2007.
In addition, Alec Schwartz has completed classes for the Accredited Buyer's Agent designation offered by the National Association of Realtors and coursework for certification as a Commercial real estate specialist.
Awards And Designations
- #1 Company Sales Agent in Philadelphia, 2007-2011 – dollar volume and total sales.
- #1 Sales Agent in Media, Pennsylvania Office, 2009, 2010, 2011– dollar volume and total sales.
- #1 Company Sales Agent in the Delaware Valley Region (Pennsylvania and Delaware), 2010 – sales units and listings. Out of more than 650 sales agents in the Delaware Valley in 18 company-owned offices.
- Top 1% of all Company agents nation-wide.
- Member, Company President’s Club 2010. Member, Company Ambassadors Club, 2007, 2008, 2009. 2011
- PAR Excellence Award Winner 2007, Pennsylvania Association of Realtors. One of 44 awardees out of 55,000 licensed sales agents in Pennsylvania.
- Company Mentor of the Year in the Delaware Valley, 2007.
- Licensed Real Estate Broker. Fewer than 10% of all licensed agents in Pennsylvania complete the education and transactions necessary to become brokers.
- Licensed Pennsylvania Real Estate Instructor. Teach courses in ethics and business practice for the Suburban West Realtors Association.
- Certified Relocation Specialist. Assist corporate transferees to and from the Region.
Areas of Expertise
Alec Schwartz is skilled in residential and commercial real estate transactions. Since starting full time in real estate in 2002, Alec has sold several hundred properties in Philadelphia and the surrounding Pennsylvania suburbs. In an industry where the average agent sells 3 properties per year, Alec sells dozens of properties year after year and has accumulated transactional experience that many agents will not achieve in their entire careers.
Alec Schwartz is an active member in the community having served on the Principal's Advisory Board for the Rose Tree Elementary School in the Rose Tree-Media School District since 2005. During that time the school has seen their PSSA score ranking increase to 2nd in the state and was named a National Blue Ribbon School in 2011-12.
Alec also is the Race Director for the OyVey5K/Double OyVey10K, a run supporting Congregation Ohev Shalom in Wallingford, PA. In it's first year, the event successfully raised money to support education for famies with need in Delaware County.
From 1999-2006, Alec served on theHome and School Association for Friends Central School in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania.
From 1988-2004, Alec served in many roles as an active member of the Alumni Association for the Montclair Kimberley Academy, including two terms as treasurer for the Alumni Council, and several years as the Class Agent.
Alec Schwartz was born in London, England, and grew up in Montclair, New Jersey, just 20 minutes from Manhattan. He went to the University of Pennsylvania and has been living in the Philadelphia area ever since.
Alec is a Lifetime Weight Watchers member and officially lost 100 pounds. In recent years, Alec started running regularly, and has completed one marathon, multiple half marathons and 5Ks, as well as a triathlon.
Communities I Serve
Alec Schwartz serves Center City and the surrounding Philly neighborhoods, as well as Philly Suburbs. Specific deep knowledge and transactional experience in Media, Wallingford, Swarthmore, West Chester, Haverford, Radnor, Wayne, Phoenixcville, Narberth, Newtown Square, Chadds Ford and Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania. Inside the City, expertise in Rittenhouse Square, Society Hill, Washington Square, Fitler Square, Graduate Hospital, Queen Village, Pennsport, Old City, Northern Liberties, Fishtown, Fairmount/Art Museum Area and University City.